General rules for online basketball betting will be explained on this page.
As a guide before you place a bet, this information will certainly be something that is very necessary and important.
You need to know first about the rules that apply in various basketball gambling sites in the world, before putting money for a game.
Let’s see first about the following General rules for online basketball betting:
- All Full-Time markets, including Live betting, will be settled on the final result including overtime if played (unless otherwise stated).
If a match does not start on the scheduled start date then all bets will be void (unless stated otherwise).
- If a match starts but is suspended within twelve hours of the scheduled start time then Full-Time bets are still considered valid if at least forty-three (43) minutes or thirty-five (35) minutes of any other basketball match have been completed. Bets will also be considered valid if an official statement is declared by the organizers. Otherwise, bets on suspended or abandoned matches will be void, except for those on markets which have been unconditionally determined.
- First-Half results are the sum of the First and Second Quarters. Second-Half results are the sum of the Third and Fourth Quarters, including any Overtime that may be played.
- Fourth Quarter results do not include any Overtime that may be played.
- If a match is suspended or abandoned then the bets placed on unfinished Quarters will be considered void. If the Halves or Quarters are referred to be completed then bets will be valid.
- The score will not be updated for basketball live betting and the handicap shown during live trading refers to the score at the start of the match i.e. 0-0.The time and scores displayed are for reference purposes only.
- Which Team to Score the First Basket markets are settled on the team scoring the first points. If a match is suspended or abandoned after the first points have been scored then bets are still valid.
- Which Team to Score the Last Basket markets are settled on the team scoring the last points of a match (including overtime) or specified Half/Quarter (not including overtime). If a match is suspended or abandoned then all bets will be void, except for those on markets which have been unconditionally determined.
- Special markets (including the number of Points, Three-Points, Assists, Rebounds, Free-Throws etc) are valid if both players participate in the match. If one or both players didn’t take part in the match then all bets are void.
- Results for special markets include Overtime unless otherwise stated. All results are taken when the official result is declared at the end of the match by the official organizers such as NBA.com, FIBA.com, and any subsequent changes to the statistics are not valid for betting purposes.
- The Home/Away venue for NCAA matches are provided as a reference only.
- Fantasy Basketball markets (including live markets) are pairings or combinations of teams from different matches. For the bet type that involving both of teams, it must tip-off on the same day, otherwise, bets are considered void. The venues for Fantasy Basketball markets are strictly for reference purposes only.
- To win most Quarters markets are settled on the team that wins the most number of quarters during a basketball match. If the result of a specific quarter is a tie then neither team wins that quarter. Overtime is NOT included in this market. If a match is suspended or abandoned then all bets will be void.
- The number of Regular Season Wins markets refer to the number of wins recorded by a specific team during a season. NBA teams must play a minimum of eighty regular season games for bets to be valid.
- The Exchange shall accept offers and bets on American Football, Basketball, Cricket, Horse Racing, Rugby Union, Soccer and Tennis. The Company reserves the right to add, deduct or modify the sporting events to be covered by the Exchange.
- Bets will be settled on the result including overtime.
- If a match does not start on the scheduled start date then all bets will be void.
- If a match starts but is later abandoned or postponed within twelve (12) hours of the scheduled start time, the full-time bets are still considered valid if at least forty-three (43) minutes of an NBA match or thirty-five (35) minutes of any other basketball match have been completed or an official result is declared by the relevant governing body. All other bets on suspended or abandoned matches will be void except for those bets which have been unconditionally determined.
The above points are some of the General rules for online basketball betting use by the average basketball gambling site.
As for sometimes some of these points are not used in some type of special online basketball betting. For example in which market type the team scored the first or last number. In this type of special bets, it’s just a good guess.
The type of bet display in the way and the rules of basketball online betting will usually look like the picture below:
Basketball is a sport that the end result can reach tens or hundreds. For example, it could be the end result of a match for 4 rounds is 151 – 138. Because it is a sport that is played with a very fast rhythm.
In the online gambling site MAXBET, the way and rules of online basketball betting can also be applied to mix bet parlay type. Just like football, you can choose at least 3 teams to be combined into one basketball mix bet basketball ticket.
The way the stakes are the same with the game of football. You must first register if you have not already, then log in to your account, and then go to i Sport page and find the basketball chart on the left of the iSport betting page.
A row of basketball team names and odds will appear. Click on odds in the same row as the name of the team you are championing to place the bet money.
General Rules for Online Basketball Betting – Maxbet
For how to place a bet on the basket market, is the same as how to install on the type of football betting. So you can look at our article titled how football bets. What sets it apart are just a few points in the general betting rules in basketball.
Because basketball is divided into 4 rounds, each round is called “Quarter”. So you will be familiar with the terms Quarter 1, Quarter 2, Quarter 3, Quarter 4, which means round 1 and so on.
And if you notice on the odds page of basketball, on the right there is the word “First Round”. The first round in the bet column means the result of Quarter 1 and 2. Then, the second half in the bet column is the result of Quarter 3 and 4.
Such is the explanation that we can convey about the ways and rules of Basketball Online Betting on this occasion. Hopefully you can understand the description well.